Monday, April 24, 2006

"There's fish out there. When you've danced with the lady of the sea as much as I have you just know."

"Who's the lady of the sea?"

"See that moon hanging low in that sea of a sky?"

"That's the sun."

"Oh...you know what a white sun means?"

"No"

"The lady's taken her bride."

"She's a lesbian?"

"What did you call that cursed hooch you gave me? I must admit I am under its spell. Either that or everybody is actually trying to steal my food. What an enchanting elixir, it's as if that conviction of every great poet that the world is capable of sudden and complete changes has suddenly been realized exposing only the skeptics and those who demurr as the real drips. In the words of Wallace Stevens 'we purge ourselves in the meantime in what are intended to be saintly exercises.' Before I purge, I ask again dear boy what you call this heady brew."

"Zima, Captain"

"Hell, don't call me captain. I've learned as much from you this strange night as you from me. Call me Lloyd."

No comments: