Thursday, October 18, 2007

I saw the sign that said you'd cobble shoes while I wait.
That's right we'll cobble them while you wait.
Ok, sign me up.
Well, it's actually less formal than all that; just give me the shoes.
What do you mean 'give me the shoes'?
What part required explanation?
I thought you'd cobble them while I wait.
And you were right to do so.
Well now you want me to hand them over?
Yes.
So, I'm to wait without shoes?
I'd just as soon leave the details of your wait to your discretion and tastes.
I can't wait with my shoes on?
Take all the time you like. When you're ready, hand them over. We're not changing oil.
Have you got a spare pair?
Only the shoes of others who, for reasons all their own, opted not to wait here.
Well could I put them on so I'm not sitting here like a vagabond?
I don't believe it's my place to make such an offer with another man's shoes.
Surely there's no cobbler's oath.
Sometimes it goes without saying.
Come on.
OK

[he gives him a pair of shoes]

[customer runs off with the shoes just as he'd done to cobbler's throughout the tristate area.]

No comments: